Each YiddishPOP lesson encompasses three- interconnected sections: a movie featuring an animated story that uses new vocabulary and new grammar; the Vokabular which explains the vocabulary of each movie; and the Gramatik which highlights the new grammar used in the movie. Each section can be repeated as many times as necessary. Additionally, each lesson is accompanied by the following features:
– explains the grammar points in the lesson.
– illustrates and drills the new vocabulary.
– teaches the alphabet and reading skills. As the lessons increase in difficulty, Leyen progresses to offer short reading comprehension exercises.
– offers instruction and practice writing the letters and words introduced in Leyen, leading to guided writing exercises.
– allows the student to practice pronouncing words and phrases from the movie.
– is a game that reinforces what has been taught in the lesson.
– is where a student can review what was learned before taking the quiz.
– is a quiz that helps assess the student’s mastery of the lesson material.
-- This part of the program is aimed at educators and parents. It provides a conceptual overview of the lesson, a section delving into the cultural richnesses touched upon by the lesson itself, and separate guiding materials for teachers with suggested activities and exercises for use in a classroom. All these materials appear in both Yiddish and English.